Here are the 5 best methods to change M4A to MP3 on a Mac, either with or without the use of iTunes.
Audio files encoded in MPEG-4 format have an additional ".m4a" extension. The widespread adoption of the M4A file extension can be traced back to Apple's incorporation of the format in its iTunes and iPods. In contrast, M4A is a Mac-friendly audio format. Problems with compatibility may arise if you try to play it on a PC, Samsung, Android, LG, HTC, or any other device.
On the other hand, MP3 is a popular audio format because it is widely supported. Transcoding M4A to MP3 allows it to be played on any device. Learn the most straightforward methods for changing M4A files to MP3 on a Mac. Here is the complete manual.
- When using iTunes, >>
- There are four tools you'll miss if you don't have iTunes:
M4A is superior to MP3 in terms of both audio quality and file size. If we can play the M4A file, however, all those benefits become ornamental at best. Fortunately, the M4A playback issue can be avoided altogether by converting to an MP3.
To learn how to convert M4A to MP3 on a Mac with iTunes (which comes standard in versions of macOS prior to Mojave), continue reading below.
- Put in your iPod or fire up iTunes. Select "iTunes" from the menu at the top, then "Preferences" and finally "General."
- To import existing configurations, use the "Import Settings..." button in the "General" tab.
- Select "MP3 Encoder" from the "Import Using" menu. Click OK
- Right-clicking on an M4A file will reveal options for working with that specific file. In iTunes on your PC, select "File" > "Create MP3 Version" to convert your M4A files to MP3.
Despite the ease with which this conversion can be accomplished with just a few clicks, I do not recommend using it. As a result of iTunes' restricted selection of supported audio export formats On the other hand, Apple Music, Apple TV, and Apple Podcasts have their own distinct iTunes sections since macOS Catalina.
Where Can I Convert M4A Files to MP3 on a Mac Without Using iTunes?
The conversions need not begin with iTunes; there are plenty of other helpful options. For your convenience, we have compiled a list of four useful resources:
#1 An expert video converter is Cisdem Video Converter.
Without a doubt, Cisdem Video Converter for Mac is the most effective software for converting audio, video, and DVD to any popular format or device. Multiple media files can be converted at once using this feature.
In addition to being an M4A to MP3 converter for Mac, it can also be used as a video downloader and DVD ripper.
Outstanding functions of Cisdem's Mac M4A to MP3 converter:
- Alternate audio formats that can be converted from M4A include MP3, AU, AMR, and FLAC.
- Easily transform videos into one of 300 formats, including 4K and 3D.
- Convert store-bought or homemade DVDs to digital audio or video files using a ripping program.
- Perform final video polishing and customization steps before exporting
- Get audio out of a video and save it as an M4A, MP3, etc.
- Get video downloads from over a thousand sites, including YouTube, Vevo, Dailymotion, and more.
- Merge multiple audio files into one larger one
- System Requirements: macOS 10 Following the year 2012, the year 12 There are no Montereys and 13 others. Including Zero Venturas
Free DownloadTotally Free and Available for Instant Download
Step 1 Add M4A files to the software.
In order to convert M4A files to MP3 on a Mac, download and install Cisdem M4A to MP3 converter To add M4A files, start the program and drop them in.
Step 2 Choose MP3 as the file type to be exported
To access the format tray, select the blue format button. Click the "General Audio" menu and then "MP3 Audio."
To make additional adjustments, select an output option and then click the "gearwheel" icon. As a next step, an "Advanced Settings" panel appears. You can customize the exported audio in many ways, including the sample rate, number of channels, bitrate, and more.
Bear in mind that the default settings are optimal for non-technical users.
Step 3 Using a Mac, you can change M4A to MP3.
Set the output directory where the files will be saved. In closing, please use the in order to begin the lossless conversion from M4A to MP3 on a Mac, click on the corresponding icon.
#2 Audio online-convert website (online) with the suffix.com
All you need is an internet connection to use an online converter; they're easy, free, and straightforward. There are many free online converters available if you search Google for "convert M4A to MP3." We've chosen one of the most reliable online M4A to MP3 converters for Macs to help you narrow down your options.
Audio-online-convert If you need to convert audio to M4A, M4R, OPUS, MMF, AIFF, etc., com is the place to go. In total, it includes over results for free online audio converters. You can convert up to 20 audio files in a day with the free account, and up to 5 audio files at a time.
- Please visit https://audio online-convert Open up www.convert-audio-to-mp3.com in your web browser.
- Select M4A from your Mac's file browser by clicking "Choose Files."
- Change audio parameters such as bitrate, sampling rate, and volume.
- Click the "Begin Conversion" button to begin.
The third-best audio editor and recorder is Audacity, a free and open-source program.
At first, Audacity for Mac couldn't change M4A files into MP3s because it didn't recognize the format. Common audio file types like WAV, AIFF, and MP3 were the only ones the program supported.
Many more formats, such as M4A, AC3, MP4, WMA, etc., are supported if the FFmpeg library is installed. In order to encode MP3, Audacity employs the Lossless Audio Codec Extensions (LAME) library. However, an upgrade is still possible. This M4A to MP3 converter requires two additional libraries, neither of which come standard.
- Go to https://lame.com/. buanzo org/#lameosx64bitdl Learn where to look for the FFmpeg package that will be required for your Mac
- Get FFMPEG by clicking here.
- Get the Audacity software going. To add the FFmpeg library, open Audacity's preferences by clicking "Audacity" > "Preferences" > "Libraries," and then finding it.
- Access Audacity's primary user interface The file format for the music is M4A, and you can simply drop it in.
- Click "File" > "Export" > "Export as MP3" After the "Extract Audio" window appears, select "Save"
- Tag metadata and hit the OK button.
Warning: converting multiple M4A files at once to MP3 will cause your separated tracks to be merged into a single stereo file.
Option 4: The Terminal (with the help of the command line and FFmpeg).
In the Mac terminal, converting M4A to MP3 is a tedious process. The output of a character or letter will result in "command not found." It took me a few tries to get it right, which is a bit of a pain, especially for newbies.
- The FFMPEG installation link is: https://www. rickmakes com/ffmpeg-notes/
- The batch script to do so can be copied from this location: https://www. rickmakes com/batch-convert-lossless-audio-to-mp3-shell-script/
- Make sure to save your M4As in their own dedicated folder on your desktop, which you can simply label "M4A," and your converted MP3s in another folder of the same name (MP3).
- Launch Computer Terminal
- To begin the transformation, copy and paste the image's command line into a new terminal window and hit enter.
The following commands will convert a single M4A file to MP3 format:
- using ffmpeg with the -i input option m4a output mp3
- Use the ffmpeg command line option "-i" for input. libmp3lame m4a -acodec output mp3
- input ffmpeg -i conversion of m4a files to mp3 format mp3
You are unable to enter ffmpeg -i audio at the command prompt. M4A - C:A copy audio mp3 to convert M4A to MP3, as the two formats employ distinct codecs.
Where can I find a Google Drive M4A to MP3 converter for Mac?
It's very similar to using a currency converter on the internet. However, it now requires a Google account login before saving the converted MP3 to Google Drive. CloudConvert is one of the designated tools. with recommended apps like Cloud FLAC Player, Cloud MP3 Player, Cloud AAC Player, and Cloud Audio Recorder
- Get started by logging into your Google Drive.
- Read in the M4A file
- To convert an M4A file, open it in "CloudConvert," and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Can I use QuickTime to change an M4A file to an MP3 on a Mac?
Simply put, no. Only the M4A format can be exported from QuickTime at this time.
The answer is no, both historically and currently.
QuickTime 7 Pro's previous iteration lets you send media to AIFF, AU, and Wave formats. MP3s are not a selectable option. The only workaround is to use a plugin developed by a third party (LAME encoder).
However, Apple has discontinued QuickTime Player 7 entirely after Catalina, and there are no longer any Pro updates available.
The new QuickTime X Player included with Mac OS X Snow Leopard only allows for the audio to be saved in M4A format.
I have a Mac and I was wondering if VLC could convert my M4A music file to an MP3.
VLC does support transcoding. Choose "Audio-MP3" as the file type and give the file the name "xxx" before saving it. mp3"
In comparison to its Windows counterpart, VLC on the Mac is noticeably inferior.
We covered five methods for making the transition from M4A to MP3 on a Mac. Since the iTunes app and online converters have their limits, the command line and Audacity have their complexity, and full-featured applications like Cisdem Video Converter for Mac have a lot going for them, we tend to favor the latter. The benefits of it are easy to see.
Peter has a long history of dedication to the fields of literature, technology, and the web. Software and technology are frequent topics of his writing, and his articles have appeared on websites like Tom's Hardware and CNET.
If you're thinking about taking a trip to the United States, you might consider exchanging some of your money into U.S. dollars, which is the official currency of the country. The international symbol for the currency is USD.USD is also the official currency in a few other countries, including Ecuador
If you're considering a journey to the United States, it might be beneficial to convert some of your money into U.S. dollars, which is the official currency of the country. The internationally recognized symbol for this currency is USD.Additionally, USD serves as the official currency in Ecuador and El
Utilize our inch-to-fraction calculator to effortlessly perform conversions between inch fractions, decimal values, metric measurements, and feet. Effective Techniques for Calculating Inch FractionsInches can be represented as fractions or decimals. When dealing with inch fractions, it is vital to
Please enter the necessary values below to convert kilowatts [kW] to British thermal units per hour [Btu/h], or the other way around.Description: A kilowatt (symbol: kW) is a unit of power within the International System of Units (SI). The watt, after the Scottish inventor James Watt, serves as the base