Convert Google Docs to Microsoft Word (and Vice Versa) Like a Pro!
Google Docs has been a popular choice for accessing, sharing, and signing documents. It is a versatile cloud-based option that is easy and convenient to use. With the need for offline copies of documents and tried-and-true formats, such as DOCX, there are easy ways to convert Google Docs to Microsoft Word format. This article will show you how to convert a Word document to Google Docs and vice versa.
I. Converting Microsoft Word (.docx) Files to Google Docs
Sometimes you may receive a Word document that you need to edit with cloud-based bells and whistles of Google Docs. Here's how to convert a Word document to Google Docs:
- - Get the Word document onto Google Drive
- - Open Google Drive in a browser and double-click the document
- - Click “File -> Save As Google Docs” to change it to a Google Doc
- If you need multiple .docx files to turn into a Google Doc upon uploading to Google Drive, follow these simple steps:
- - Click the Settings cog at the top right corner -> Settings
- - Check the “Convert uploaded files to Google Docs editor format” box, then click “Done”
- You can now drag-and-drop multiple .docx files at once into Google Drive and it will automictally convert them for you.
II. Converting Google Docs to Microsoft Word
Google Docs is an online format, so you need to convert them to Microsoft Word’s DOCX format to use them in Word. You can easily perform this conversion from both Google Docs and Google Drive:
- - Open the file you want to convert to Word format and click “File”
- - Hover over “Download” and click the “Microsoft Word” option.
- - Google Docs will open a “Save As …” window where you can select where you want to save the document.
- If you need to convert multiple Google Docs into Word documents all at the same time, do this:
- - Locate the document you want to convert in Google Drive, then right-click it and click “Download”
- - Google Drive will automatically convert it to a Word format and open up a “Save As …” window to save it.
- III. Converting within Google Drive
- Google Drive performs its conversion through a right-click menu on the main page, and you can convert multiple files all at once:
- - Hold down the Ctrl key when you click on files, select multiple files all at once
- - Right-click any of the highlighted ones and click “Download”
- - Google Drive will convert all the documents selected, pack them into a ZIP file, and provide a download.
- IV. Downloading Docs
Cloud storage has many benefits, but sometimes you need an offline copy of your documents. With a few clicks, you can convert Google Docs to Microsoft Word files and vice versa with ease. If you want to retain all your formatting, converting it to PDF will ensure nothing gets left behind.
Google Docs is a great tool to access, share, and sign documents easily. However, there are times when you need an offline copy of a tried-and-true format, such as DOCX. Converting a Word document to Google Docs and vice versa is an easy process that can be done conveniently and quickly. Whether it’s single or multiple files, we hope this article has been helpful in showing you how to do it.
If you're thinking about taking a trip to the United States, you might consider exchanging some of your money into U.S. dollars, which is the official currency of the country. The international symbol for the currency is USD.USD is also the official currency in a few other countries, including Ecuador
If you're considering a journey to the United States, it might be beneficial to convert some of your money into U.S. dollars, which is the official currency of the country. The internationally recognized symbol for this currency is USD.Additionally, USD serves as the official currency in Ecuador and El
Utilize our inch-to-fraction calculator to effortlessly perform conversions between inch fractions, decimal values, metric measurements, and feet. Effective Techniques for Calculating Inch FractionsInches can be represented as fractions or decimals. When dealing with inch fractions, it is vital to
Please enter the necessary values below to convert kilowatts [kW] to British thermal units per hour [Btu/h], or the other way around.Description: A kilowatt (symbol: kW) is a unit of power within the International System of Units (SI). The watt, after the Scottish inventor James Watt, serves as the base